20th November 2021 – Prof. Giulia Lasagni – “Artificial Intelligence and EU Criminal Justice: challenges and opportunities” Seminar
Professor talked about the influence of Artificial Intelligence on the EU Criminal Justice system. She referred to the threats, and the opportunities that the application of this technology may have on criminal justice.
Main points from the presentation were:
1) Big data, data mining and algorithmic systems
2) On the prosecutorial/law enforcement side
3) Decision making and sentencing
4) General overview: main critical issues
5) AI-proposals for regulation
6) What about the defense?
The seminar took place both online and in-person.
You can watch our seminar here: https://youtu.be/zex4qFAm9cE